character #22

“Character #22” 1999 © marina kanavaki

Technique: Oil on paper

Original size: 23×33,5cm [50×60 framed]

from M.K. solo exhibition in 1999 at Epohes Gallery: “CHARACTERS”

SHOP Character #22 ART PRINT HERE

Visit Marina’s Art Shop for more Characters on items.

Comments
24 Responses to “character #22”
  1. fivereflections says:

hand captures mind,s thoughts – pleases a captive audience

David in Maine USA

2. I really like this, Marina. Something a bit magical in it. I see a squirrel in the eye which just sends my mind off in different directions. Wonderful. 🙂

3. moustache makes character
    (so says my cat)

4. Jayanth says:

This is so awesome, the strokes so smooth! i bet you can paint a perfect circle! 🙂

5. I always love the free quick movements of your stokes. There’s no hesitation, but they are intentional.

Marina, I totally love this one. The lines form such a gorgeous twist, a labyrinthine of mind and heart. You ought to exhibit your work Marina!!! Remain in touch. Cheers.

• Thanks so much Shaheen for your kind words! These paintings -titled “Characters”- are from my first solo exhibition in Athens [Epohes Gallery], in 1999. I am now in the process of preparing another, so I will let you know where and when. Thanks again for the encouragement, I really appreciate it.

7. jakesprinter says:

Lady I stock here in my chair about 15 minutes to guess what it is lol ..
    I think i gonna paint it upside down to create Leonardo`s face of teenage mutant ninja turtle Kidding excellent post Marina 🙂

8. It’s a stroke of the pen isn’t it?
    I LUV the expression 🙂