character #10

Character #10

Technique: Ink & Gouache on paper

from M.K. solo exhibition in 1999 at Epohes Gallery: “CHARACTERS

SHOP Character #1o ART PRINT HERE

Visit Marina’s Art Shop for more Characters on items.

Comments
44 Responses to “character #10”
  1. Beautiful, Marina!

2. Au risque de te paraître répétitif, c’est vraiment superbe ce que tu fais. Celle-ci en particulier que je ne me lasse pas de regarder en m’y perdant. Super relaxant!

3. Une influence magnifiée!
    Une variation calligraphique bien maitrisée … superbe!
    Eric

A little Japanese influences here… wonderful!

5. myallegro31 says:

Oh man, this is stupendous Marina. You are very talented! I might be interested in getting a picture from you sometime in the future!

6. Lois says:

Truly stunning! I exclaimed out loud when I saw it!

Miro would applause …

8. It’s kanji characters for embarrassment!

Stunning expression -for some reason I am seeing a face! I completely love the red and the flow of the connectivity between the lines, space and emotive expression. My dear one, did I ever tell you how much I relish your art? YES! Cheers Marina.

This so lovely Marina! A bit melancholy as well.

11. Madalina says:

Very nice! It reminds me japanese calligraphy.

Wow ! really interesting !

Not sure if it is the simplicity of the lines and curves or the use of red and black that really catch my eye. Then again, it could be the combination of the two. Nonetheless, I like it!

Very nice! Excellent really!

My first impression was of an Asian feeling to this artwork. Some of the strokes have a zen brush look. Very nice!
    This character seems sad and apprehensive at the same time.

• I’ve always had a fondness for Japanese art [especially the old masters like Hokusai, Jakuchū, Tōyō etc]. I admire the simplicity and perfection of their lines [among other things!] I also get this feeling from your artwork, which I like a lot [as you already know!]. Thank you!

16. Ahh – I love this!
    So very in line with my Zen Noir style post yesterday, how matching 😀
    Great strokes you have – love the intensity and control in it! *clap clap clap*

My first reaction – powerful yet sensitive. Many thanks

This one looks oriental, even the colors.

Again a very Zen feel to this image. I love these strokes. And the red adds another element. The title has a double meaning in that this almost looks like Chinese characters (the written kind) as well as making a portrait. Well done.