character #18

Character #18″ 1999 © marina kanavaki

Technique: Ink on paper

from M.K. solo exhibition in 1999 at Epohes Gallery: “CHARACTERS

SHOP Character #18 ART PRINT HERE

Visit Marina’s Art Shop for more Characters on items.

Comments
34 Responses to “character #18”
  1. Tout simplement superbe!

2. Unquestionably, an abstract work, lets hear what answers our inner sense of intimate things.
    I have read of a Samurai, isolated and alone, that he shook in his being alive, looks to the future of his time.

Me a lot of attention.
    Ink on paper, just like the insignia of Bushido, which were written in black ink on a sheet of paper created, processed and bleached it on purpose.

Go through an art gallery, like this, gives me those few moments of relaxation, arising from the kindness of a painting.

Good evening.

Ninni Raimondi, journalist
    Bologna, Italy

• Good morning dear Ninni Raimondi.
      As always I’m overwhelmed by your interpretation.
      I can’t express how much I appreciate it!
      Marina

3. Marina you really have control of this medium resulting in some exciting work.

4. bonesdiary says:

Were you in a bad mood when you painted this one? That looks like a Capuchin in the trees at night.

sometimes we prefer to reduce color, we like monochrome walls, especially if we need some solitude, ignoring the riots outside of our home …

• Monochrome, to me, is like the melody line in music, which is the base for orchestration [: colour]. Therefore one has to be much more focused …enter soltude, which I prefer to call silence! You’re right!

Lots of energy! Looks like the aftermath of a tiger attack or something… Very compelling… I think I’ll be staring at this one for a while…

Hmmm…very intriguing! I like it, I’ve looked at it a while, I don’t have an interpretation, but it’s nice.

I’m back (actually for the third time now) There is something so magnificently primal about this image. For some reason it makes me feel the same connections as reading William Blake’s poetry.

• I’m very glad you came back to it, Terry and even more so that you enjoyed it! This -along with ch. #20- is one of my faves. [I can see the connection… ]

Love the Asian influence of this piece. It’s very artistic, a blend of simplicity that is striking. 😀

Within the parts of this painting, I see a pick, a four-legged creature wearing with the hood on the head, and a bat (the creature). Though something tells me this is not what the painting is about at all. Overall, the piece is very interesting and will keep me looking at it for a good while…as abstract should. Well done!…You have keeps me here staring at it.

I really like this. I can’t find the words to explain why. This will take a few more visits before I can come to terms with it – in the mean time – well done. I always think it’s good to have work that is not easily defined.

12. Ι see an eye crying.
    He doesnot want to be rejected but you rejected him. He does not wish to be deleted but you deleted him. Therefore.. the pain

Sedate and intriguing! Thank you.

Love the design. Interestingly, in my short time here this is the first painting i’ve seen you do with gray (as opposed to much color).

15. excellent blog and nice colors.
    marg swarnabhoomi