character #23

Character #23 1999 © marina kanavaki

Technique: Oil on paper

Original size: 70×100 [86×115 framed]

from M.K. solo exhibition in 1999 at Epohes Gallery: “CHARACTERS

SHOP Character #23 ART PRINT HERE

Visit Marina’s Art Shop for more Characters on items.

Comments
53 Responses to “character #23”
  1. Great colour! I love it!

2. Russ L says:

Marina,

When I look at this, It reminds me of a little child coloring outside the lines. I envy you the connection with that, and the ability to express it!

• Amazing you should say this! That was exactly what I used to do as a child, resulting in being spotted as the “odd one out” [not in a nice way]! It is very hard keeping that thread “clean” through the years… Thank you so much Russ for such a wonderful comment. I’m very flattered!

3. kathytemean says:

Marina,

You should think about posting something about how you come up with your ideas and how you excute your ideas. That way we get to know you a little better,

Kathy

Suits perfectly on a t-shirt

My date of birth to boot 🙂

Absolutely love it Marina!

7. bonesdiary says:

I heard somewhere that 23 was supposed to be some kind of magic number….dunno about that but this is a magical painting. Another winner.

• 23 as well as other numbers, yes Bones! However this was just the number the gallery marked my painting with. But I like “magical” very very much. Thank you kind Bones!

This is awesome! This is really really good! Can’t really put it into words… 🙂

How did you do the line through it, so that it was purple where the background is purple, but blue where it’s blue?

• Ah, thank you so much, Charlie! As I recall, instead of a brush [I’m not fussy about mediums – any item in the vicinity WILL be used!] I used the paint tube straight on the paper. Depending on the pressure you put and the amount of paint you let go from the tube, you get different results.

Great colors! I like the simplicity of it. The first thing I saw in this painting was Popeye the Sailor Man…without his pipe! Very, very nice!

10. Vraiment du très beau travail!

11. Sharp says:

very fancy! I like it!

12. I love these colours. Somehow they give me the impression of textile

13. Captivating! Thanks for sharing another beautiful work of art! = )

14. simplistic yet inviting a view ….

15. Bongo says:

The colors are beautiful.

🙂 I see his big nose and big chin…I saw it right away! Great job, Marina! 🙂

This piece is stunning me to breathlessness. It really resonates with me. And yet again, another piece I wish I could own! Wowee.. Simply gorgeous… LOVE the color. Reminds me of Miss USA’s winning gown, Rhode Island, she’s simply lovely! http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/olivia-culpo-20-year-old-cellist-rhode-island-captures-usa-crown-las-vegas-article-1.1089348

Thumbs up! Besides the colors, I enjoy the border within the borders look.

19. camc1105 says:

I love oil paints! this is great.