as above so below #8

Technique: watercolour

Original Size: 13x13cm

detail 1

detail 2

from Marina Kanavaki series “As Above So Below” © 2012

SHOP As Above So Below #8 ART PRINT HERE

Visit Marina’s Art Shop for more Trees & Forests on items.

Comments
67 Responses to “as above so below #8”

A particularly special piece Marina! The roots remind me of some tribal folk art from India!

• Strangely [or not] enough, I have been thinking of India a lot lately…. I’m sure that may have had something to do with it, even subconciously! Thank you, Madhu for your observation!!! 🙂

Wow! You’d never suspect ‘so below’ from the ‘as above’! But I love it!

3. There’s beauty of every shape and kind, Even if there’s nothing you can see-
    There is perfection inside of it

And if you don’t see it-
    So be it.
    About the tree of life and the power that holds.
    the hidden beauty will unfold.

Oh, Marina – That is breathtaking! I love the roots! So curly and colorful – like life!!! Our roots are never in one place (I don’t think anyway). I would love to see inside your mind! 🙂 ~Patricia

5. LifeOfBun says:

Oh this is beautiful..

6. Lovely, both you and your art works! Thanking you also for liking my post and following, I did, likewise, all the best!
    Cheers,
    Cynthia

7. I’ve featured your wonderful painting about TREE ROOTS
    in my article about MUSIC ROOTS at
    I hope that can support your work!

8. you had a good idea for a message: the power is in the roots …

A lovely w/c pushed to it’s extremes – appreciate the extension of traditional w/c into more expressive and poetic realms…

10. ❤ the firey roots!

11. pennycoho says:

I love to come to your blog site and see your latest creations. So much talent reflected in your work. Thank you for sharing your art.

Wow, beautiful and very creative! That one caught me pleasantly off guard! Feels like quite an electric personality flowing beneath that calm exterior.

13. Beautiful colors underground waiting for Spring to appear.
    Very nice, Marina.

14. Claudio's says:

Dear Marina, you are the wonderfull Artist of sweet 🙂
    Hi sweet woman ♥
    Claude

15. sandy says:

It is amazing how many great looks you can get out of the painting.

16. Francina says:

beautiful , simply beautiful Marina, now I’m debating with myself if I rather go for that shoulder bag instead of the tote and gym bag from one of the other series …decisions , decisions Ciao, Francina

I love it, Marina! This one is full of energy!
    Have a terrific day, my friend! 🙂 xo

18. John says:

I love this theme, and the colors are great. Reminds of how an ice burg has so much underneath you never see, or how tree roots are as wide out underground as the leaves and branches atop. Beautiful work, Marina!

Love it ,Marina!  Such a beautiful inspirations❤

20. Sunnyace says:

Reblogged this on Sunnyace Reblog Collections.

21. Cat Forsley says:

wow ……Marina …………
    i see influence from Emily Carr ………
    i don’t know why i do ……………………
    so feminine ….xx love xo

22. This is really special ~ i see so much kabbalistic connotations, actually most of your work are, I LOVE IT! The roots are the real source – as so above so below 🙂

23. petrel41 says:

Thanks, Marina!

Just a few minutes ago, I made a blog post about trees (in Panama) as well: