as above so below #1

As Above So Below #1

Technique: watercolour

Original Size: 34x24cm

detail

from Marina Kanavaki series “As Above So Below” © 2012

SHOP As Above So Below #1  ART PRINT HERE

Comments
60 Responses to “as above so below #1”
  1. Thanks for letting me camp out in your blog for a little while. I had a great time — love your work — and tried to leave my campsite as clean as when I arrived. I’ll be back!

• Thank you for camping here and I hope you come back again! You are welcome any time, Russel! I too enjoyed my little trip to your beautiful pages …will be back!

2. Thank you for following Storyteller. — Ray

3. Remarquable série … on ne se lasse pas de regarder toutes tes oeuvres! De toute beauté et de sérenité (sauf la série “le mort ” d’après Bataille, forte et noire celle-là) …Very good job!
    Je reviendrai d’ici peu pour voir les plus anciennes …
    Cordialement
    Eric

Beautiful! It looks like a lovely reflection, and I like the balance in this!

5. I love the energy in this one.

6. All that is above
    is also below.
    The invisible inside
    eventually is projected outward.

One of your best!

My dear mate, I love this one! It’s fresh, spiritual and a sense of metamorphosis. Gorgeous colours that feel “alive” — a symphony of Marina in C major ! You are a gem!

9. myallegro31 says:

Truly beautiful work 🙂 I love it.

10. Beautiful piece. It works on so many levels. It draws you in. As you walk, float, fly or swim. It’s all there. Poetry in form.

11. Is a tree that is based on the balance of mass, shape, proportion with the height, width and flare: all interesting elements in this watercolor that shows the sides, some labeled as a “memory” just stopped raining.
    If I “read” a tree, I see the lights and shadows clearly marked, in order to make the offer that fullness and symmetry as the alternation of past, future, all that was and all that is.

That feeling of depth given by the first impact, (as we knew the Impressionists often exploited these stylistic device of this in their works) enclosed in a sky that embraces our whole world: the tree and its reflection.
    All wrapped up in those old tastes and past, who are there – waiting – the power and magic of enchantment … after the rain.

( I translated my poetry for you, my Lady )

Still all very nice and exciting.

Ninni Raimondi, journalist
    Bologna, Italy

One of my favorite things to see in landscaped art is water reflection. I love yours!
    Thank you too, for the comments while I was out. xo

Every art you do is another breathtaking piece to your collection. Don’t know how you do it, just amazing! Masha’Allah. 😀

Ok for the record, I did not unlike this. I liked it twice. Then I liked it a third time! 🙂

15. makkjek says:

Reblogged this on makkjek and commented:
    thoughts are water

16. Lois says:

I love this – it would grace any wall!

Just too beautiful. Your art creates a sense of anticipation in the mind. Thank you Marina.

18. The reflection of the trees is magical.

I’m lovin’ this series. But then, as you already know, I love “mirrorscapes”. 🙂 And trees are a prefect example as their root structure underground often mirrors their branch structure above ground. Another beautiful image.