as above so below

detail from “As Above So Below #2”

watercolours – “As Above So Below” © 2012 marina kanavaki

All images on this blog are copyright of Marina Artemis Kanavaki and cannot be copied, downloaded or used in any way without express written permission.

Comments
38 Responses to “as above so below”
  1. Posted a shout out to you on my FB page, thanks:):):) Eric

• Ah, Eric, thank you so much for this!!! I’m very very grateful for your support and your kind words. It means a lot coming from such a talented person! Overwhelmed, truly!
      Have a wonderful day!
      🙂
      PS: I would respond to your fb page also, but I do not have a fb account.

Gives the impression of a big, unknown forest! Beautiful!

Beautiful and great idea to show a different perspective of the trees! The colors are gorgeous together!

4. Beautiful reflections.

5. Madalina says:

Wonderful color combinations!
    If you allow me I would title it ‘As above not below’ cause they evoke very different worlds and emotions. I like vey much this duality in your painting.

• Thank you Madalina for your kind and very perceptive thoughts! The title is actually meant here as both [above & below] being one, or part of the same “being”. So whichever way one sees it [reflection, negative, yin yang] it’s all one…. I hope this makes sense. I consider myself word-disabled!

• Madalina says:

It makes a lot of sense and I do not think that you are world-disabled at all. I was actually expressing the way I saw the painting and I hope I did not disturb in any way. I entirely respect the artist’s opinion and view.

Thank you very much for being a constant visitor and critic of my works!

• Of course it didn’t “disturb”, I took it as a very constructive and kind comment! I welcome all opinions! The “word-disabled” is because really speech is my last resort for expressing myself! I don’t do very well there! Thank you again!

• Madalina says:

I can say the same about myself and I truly believe that the work only should talk for the visual artist and not the words. I am very often wondering if it is good to attach words to my photos in order not to influence the viewer.
            I like the way you express yourself both in words and in art and I am curious to see your last creations.

I keep finding more wonderful paintings on your site each time I visit. thank you, marina.

If I had enough walls to surround my home with your paintings, it would be a collage of colorful emotions, to be honestly displayed to the world. Fantabulous you are, as always. 😀

8. Meanderer says:

Beautiful colours and shapes. I love it.

9. Claudio's says:

Very very very nice!!
    One kiss by my hearth ♥
    Claude

Very nice! I like the violet and crimson below and yellow and blue/green above.

11. Lois says:

Just beautiful, Marina!

Love the colours❤

These colors are more me (whatever that means). 🙂

14. Very apt with the “waters” in red = beria, which means mercy in kabbalah.
    I would definitely hang this in my home!

15. Another beautiful work