as above so below #6

Technique: watercolour

Original Size: 13x13cm

detail 1

detail 2

from Marina Kanavaki series “As Above So Below” © 2012

SHOP As Above So Below #6 ART PRINT HERE

Visit Marina’s Art Shop for more Trees & Forests on items.

Comments
44 Responses to “as above so below #6”
  1. Marina your work as a earthy and soothing quality to it. One can certainly melt into it beauty. I know you must enjoy every creative moment.

Your work is superb – I can’t stop looking at it – kudos to you for your efforts. Also I thank you for exploring and following art rat cafe – I am very honored…

3. Bongo says:

I love the texture you were able to bring out from the paper into the painting.

Marina, I love your combination of cool and warm colors. And I love the grey light in this one!

5. I love this effortless mirroring on the waters
    It’s all a man needs from life : strong healthy trees and calm emotions…serenity!

6. I love the simplistic pattern, a rhythm – The call and the answer if I may. I melted in the vague blues, subtly offset top to bottom fading to grey on the horizon…

I want the notebook!

A beautiful and beneficial rain to nourish the trees in mirror world. On both sides. 🙂

Beautiful, as usual Marina!! Here, I see the transition from summer to autumn.

10. I can’t draw or paint for toffee Marina – but i always love looking at your work. Brill as usual!

Marina nice change to sober colors! Thanks & regards!

12. Marina – another lovely painting. I’m so impressed with this series; subtle, beautiful colors and great drawing!

Nanina

hi Marina,
    about velocity while painting with water colors:
    I would like to see your movements while painting –
    there is a Picasso video, when he painted on glass: very speedy!

• I think I must look like the Flash!!! My teachers all agreed on one thing: “no more than a few seconds for Marina!” …well not for every painting, but I do work better on one breath! I’ll go find that Picasso video now!

I love it when you paint trees and flowers!…Lovely work, Marina! 🙂 xo

15. AAhh … the approaching colors of fall. Too soon, Marina, too soon,