as above so below #12

Technique: watercolour

Original Size: 13x13cm

detail 1

detail 2

from Marina Kanavaki series “As Above So Below” © 2012

SHOP As Above So Below #12 ART PRINT HERE

Visit Marina’s Art Shop for more Trees & Forests on items.

Comments
65 Responses to “as above so below #12”
  1. Such a great surprise to find these older but yet magnificent posts I have not yet seen.
    what a thrill marina

2. Kelsey King says:

I had to stop and check out your beautiful watercolor. It caught my eye because it reminded me of the ocean; whales swimming deep beneath the surface as if you captured the moment their tails rushed by.

3. cedds says:

I love the colors you chose for this one. Very good combinations indeed.

4. superb use of colour, texture and hues…!

5. I especially love this one….one of my favorites, some of my favorite hues and colors….very nice!
    Celeste

6. Asifa Zunaidha says:

The pillow artwork is really vivid 🙂

Very dark. But with hope underground… waiting.

Excellent work!

8. Francina says:

Very powerful painting, Marina.

Lovely, lovely! I adore and am amazed by how you can incorporate such different personalities into one masterpiece. I admire your talent!
    My interpretation may be different, but with the top half, particularly the right side, I see the aftermath and battle wounds of intense expression, such as the release and exiting of strong emotions (anger, sadness, etc.). This release is now making room for feelings of peace, rejuvenation, happiness and excitement to flow into your core and spread to the outside. I can already observe the beginning of that flow reaching the outside by looking at the lighter, brighter branches on the left.

• WOW!!!!! Your comment is such a beautiful opening to August! Thank you kind Fergiemoto!!! May “peace, rejuvenation, happiness and excitement flow into” this new month beginning today! [Happy August!]

Oh, Marina! This is just go gorgeous! Soft, beautiful, fluid. I love it! I could curl up in the roots and dream a lovely dream. ~Patricia

Marina, you are getting better and better….

12. A tree, lonely, after the storm.
    Even its meager foliage, shows signs of the last battle, but also the strength to start again.
    In fact, the first colors of nature, the revival tied to his colors a bit dark, appear near the roots, how to give a hope, a spring more, to nature itself.
    He seems to say: “I am still here. I’m not dead. I, in my silence, peace gifts.
    These properties, highly expressive, are owned and priprie immediacy of a work of watercolor.
    The color, shades, give those emotions and feelings that leave in the viewer, the loss of beauty.
    Immediacy and tenderness for those seeking answers from life and nature.
    The color of a watercolor has all the warmth of the author, that becomes sole intermediary between man and God!
    This is my interpretation, of course, not deep as your skill, but sincere and direct.
    (I apologize for my bad English)

With all my admiration, Lady Marina.

Ninni Raimondi
    Journalist in Bologna – Italy

• Ah, mr Ninni Raimondi,
      your interpretation IS deep and artistic just as it is sincere and direct…
      I can obviously not judge but I can express to you the happiness of an artist who’s just had her work appreciated in such a wonderful way.
      Marina

13. Adam Allegro says:

Ooooh… Marina this ir pretttty. 🙂 Very nice work lady 🙂

Totally expressive of how I’m feeling right now. How inspiring the gush of colors and flow is!

15. nonoymanga says:

Maria Fascinating work as always!!! Cheers Nonoy Manga

16. fgassette says:

I have nominated you for the Inspiring Blog Award and One Lovely Blog Award. You can see them here: http://wp.me/p23TG1-16M

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

Such lovely color. I like it of course.

• Ah, thank you, Stephen. I expect to listen those evolutionary haikus with music!

• Bumba says:

OK, I’m working on it. You know, your suggestion of Hoagy Carmichael’s Stardust caught me with the sheet music already sitting on piano stand. I don’t really read, so it’s a struggle. I’d love to be able to play that song. So, thanks Marina. You give me inspiration.

Very Cool! This is such a cool tree. Those branches are just magnificent. And I love the explosions of color below. Like fireworks below the surface. It’s like the dawn of Spring where even though the branches are bare there is so much going on below the surface that will go to bring new life above the surface. Well done.

BTW are you and Oannes going to be coming out with a new album in 2012? Just curious. I’ve had a chance to listen to more work and I’m impressed by the wild diversity and spirit of experimentation that seems to run throughout the music.

such a wonderful tribute to the trees!

Beautiful blue! Striking indeed. Many thanks for sharing. Dilip

21. Wow it’s like taken from a Tim Burton’s movie
    I so much like it !

22. george-b says:

It’s beautiful the landscape the way you sense it Marina. I like the shade under the tree, is exudes tranquility, peace inwardly!

23. Claudio's says:

Oh sweet Marina, my impression of this is that perhaps your work reflects your ego: an ego from the deep unconscious roots which plunge into a world of fairy tale images. They live in your colored memories …
    Beautiful work 🙂
    Hello sweet Marina
    Claude

The thermos mug and the small mug show off you beautiful tree nicely, Marina! I love it! 🙂

I love your work the most when you use these colors. 🙂

26. The tree looks like it is spreading its’ pretty blue
    colors all through the sky. Very pretty …!!!

Beautiful! Love the colours❤

28. Oooooh! I like this! Especially the colors at the bottom!