First month of the year: January and my journey through/to numbers continues. A journey that -rather unorthodoxly*- began in September 2015!
*Back in September 2015, inspired by Bumba’s “The Numbers Game Is Here: Mathematics for Dummies” The Whole Nine Yards, I started working on images for each month. First month was September, so this series will be completed in August 2016!
• This month’s color is red, purple-red, pink.
• Flower associated with January: Carnation [Dianthus caryophyllus] and various color carnations bare various meanings.
I am using the red one, signifying love.
• This month’s words: Affection, Deep Love, Distinction, Fascination, Lasting Fidelity and Happiness.
• The zodiac signs for the month of January are Capricorn and Aquarius
• January’s Birthstone: Garnet
[hence the title: “Garnet One”]
Janus, the god of beginnings and transitions in Roman mythology [and where January is named after], is depicted with two faces. One looking at the past and the other, at the future. This is a convenient way for me to explain a ‘one step forward – two steps back’ state I’m in! Better late than never though, here is:
Garnet One © Marina Kanavaki
Technique: mixed media [Indian ink and oil on colored tissue paper, digitally edited]
from the series “journey of numbers” © 2016
[museum quality printing and framing]
Turquoise Twelve is also designed on various products!
here’s a glimpse:
Visit my shop for art prints, framed or on canvas or printed on iphone cases, laptop skins & sleeves, cards, mugs, t-shirts, tank tops, v-neck tees, biker tanks, onesies, hoodies, all-over tees & leggings, tote bags, wall clocks, shower curtains, rugs, pillows, wall tapestries and duvet covers at Society6
and one for old times:
Music has lost a ★