Moon: 74% • Waxing Gibbous • 9,72 days
Begins on a Wednesday
• This month’s colors: Red, Pink, Purple & Green
• July Birthstones: Ruby, Carnelian
• Flowers associated with July: Larkspur, Tulip, Water Lily & Delphinium
• Word of the month: Happiness, Contented Mind
also: Happy, Friendship, Love, Strong, & Beautiful.
• Astrological signs: Cancer & Leo
and our celestial events…
• July 5*: Full Moon [Buck Moon, Thunder Moon or Hay Moon] & Penumbral Lunar Eclipse
• July 14: Jupiter at Opposition. The giant planet will be at its closest approach to Earth and its face will be fully illuminated by the Sun. It will be brighter than any other time of the year and will be visible all night long.
• JULY 20: Saturn at Opposition. The ringed planet will be at its closest approach to Earth and its face will be fully illuminated by the Sun. It will be brighter than any other time of the year and will be visible all night long.
• July 20**: New Moon
• JULY 22: Mercury at Greatest Western Elongation. This is the best time to view Mercury since it will be at its highest point above the horizon in the morning sky. Look for the planet low in the eastern sky just before sunrise.
• JULY 28-29: July meteor showers: Delta Aquarids Meteor Shower, July 12 to August 23. It peaks on the night of the 28th and morning of the 29th.
*The eclipse will be visible throughout most of North America, South America, the eastern Pacific Ocean, the western Atlantic Ocean, and extreme western Africa [Nada for Europe!]
**The Moon will be located on the same side of the Earth as the Sun, so it won’t be visible in the night sky. This will occur at 17:33 UTC, making it the best time to observe faint objects such as galaxies and star clusters with no moonlight to interfere.
7th month of my calendar features:
As Above So Below No13 © Marina Kanavaki
Technique: watercolour • Dimensions: 34x24cm [unframed]