Moon Phase: Waning Crescent • Illumination: 30% • Moon Age: 24.12 days • Moon Distance: 402,588.50 km
dancing on water
• This month’s colors: Deep Blue & Brown
• September Birthstones: Sapphire, Agate, Moonstone, Lapis Lazuli, Diamond & Chrysolite.
• Flowers associated with September: Aster, Forget-me-not & Morning Glory
• Fruits and Veggies of September: Fruits Grapes, Figs, Pears, Apples and [just about] Watermelons and Prunes. Veggies Cayenne Pepper, Tomatillos, Courgettes, Cucumbers, Pumpkin, Carrots, Chili Peppers, Poblano Peppers, Serrano Pepper, Jalapeno Pepper [Tim knows well!]
• Astrological signs: Virgo & Libra
September 7• New Moon at 00:52 UTC.
September 14 • Neptune at Opposition. The blue giant will be brighter than any other time of the year and will be visible all night long. This is the best time to view and photograph Neptune. Due to its extreme distance from Earth, it will only appear as a tiny blue dot in all but the most powerful telescopes.
September 14 • Mercury at Greatest Eastern Elongation. The planet Mercury reaches greatest eastern elongation of 26.8 degrees from the Sun. This is the best time to view Mercury since it will be at its highest point above the horizon in the evening sky. Look for the planet low in the western sky just after sunset.
September 20 • Full Moon at 23:54 UTC. This full moon was known by early Native American tribes as the Corn Moon because the corn is harvested around this time of year. Also known as the Harvest Moon. The Harvest Moon is the full moon that occurs closest to the September equinox each year.
September 22 • September Equinox. The September equinox occurs at 19:11 UTC. The Sun will shine directly on the equator and there will be nearly equal amounts of day and night throughout the world. This is also the first day of fall (autumnal equinox) in the Northern Hemisphere and the first day of spring (vernal equinox) in the Southern Hemisphere.
[info from seasky]
Tommy Flanagan Trio
Tommy Flanagan piano • George Mraz bass • Elvin Jones drums
written by Jay Livingston, Percy Faith & Ray Evans