character #16

Character #16” 1999 © marina kanavaki

Technique: Oil on paper

from M.K. solo exhibition in 1999 at Epohes Gallery: “CHARACTERS

SHOP Character #16 ART PRINT HERE

Visit Marina’s Art Shop for more Characters on items.

Comments
58 Responses to “character #16”
  1. Juraj says:

Great art! Keep up the good work? 🙂

2. Beautiful shades of green and yellow with the flowing line of a facial profile. Yes I know it’s there 🙂

3. WordsFallFromMyEyes says:

This is very interesting, & I really like it. The colour, the shape, the outline of a woman’s profile in the line down the middle – really like it.
    http://www.VodkaWasMyMuse.wordpress.com (video diary of me stepping toward sobriety) & http://www.WordsFallFromMyEyes.wordpress.com

4. fivereflections says:

lovely as you are…. i enjoy your friendship so much!
    David in Maine USA

5. nonoymanga says:

Madame Sophisticated!!! Thanks for sharing Nonoy Manga

6. Reblogged this on Aina's Blog and commented:
    I’m a fan of this amazing painter, a big fan of her art. Just like our writings, her art reflects her heart. Kudos to you, Marina!

Beautiful Marina! Love the balance!

8. Really beautiful simplicity!

Goodness Marina ! I am getting confused as to which is my favourite composition thusfar — ALL ! ” Character 16″ weaves dreams and cuts right through…paradox. Love the oil texture, it’s brilliant. In this piece, there is a pull between union and release. Ah, what a beauty, this Character 16! Stay gold, my dear friend! Cheers.

LOVE this piece! Your work reflects just how refreshing you are as well. Love it! Wowee.. and I’m real picky about art too.. wow!

11. You should name it ”The kiss”
    It’s perfect!

12. Do you prime the paper? I see that the oil isn’t spreading. Nice painting 🙂

clear minimalism! better than any diffuse politics!

14. My one word response: WOW!

I definitely saw the two different faces immediately, one being on the “darker” side, and the other on the “sunnier” side. Nicely done! I don’t know why, but the green and yellow are making me think of a banana leaf, which I can’t see having anything to do with the image.

16. Jayanth says:

your version of the ‘yin-yang’ huh! i think its wonderful!!

17. Thank you marina to follow me blog.
    A good mix of two different impressions here, in my view…
    Colours also have a nature…

18. positive and negative at its best – well done ….

The two faces is intriguing. Outside of the color differences, I don’t see the two moods … then again, maybe that’s it. Well done Marina!

I see two faces, but more so on the yellow side. Your clever line down the center is what created them. 🙂
    xo

21. bonesdiary says:

Love it, like spring and summer greeting each other with a rush.