character #19

Character #19

Technique: Ink & Gouache on paper

from M.K. solo exhibition in 1999 at Epohes Gallery: “CHARACTERS”

SHOP Character #19 ART PRINT HERE

Visit Marina’s Art Shop for more Characters on items.

Comments
51 Responses to “character #19”
  1. nannus says:

Beautiful closeup. Your pictures and close ups actually provided the inspiration to my new article http://asifoscope.org/category/aesthetics/

2. umanbn says:

Beautiful and simple….

3. I really like this one Marina – even more so because for some reason only my eye/brain understands; could not see the face for ages and then click, it was there.

David.

For me this is Oriental minded! Very nice….

Very Zen – and I know that the simplicity does not come easily – this is one for posterity Marina…

Sooo Asian… I LOVE it!

7. Terrific simplicity here Marina – perfectly executed! Sorry I’ve not been around recently – looking forward to seeing more of your work soon. K 🙂

8. Good food for the eye! Lovely!

Lovely! This has such an Asian brush art feel to me, which I really like. I admire this style.

Another winner Marina! Love the red accents.

Would like to have your notebook… Lovely!

You can make the simplest things look so beautiful, Marina! I love that touch of red too! 🙂

I love it! So fresh, and I love the touch of red with the black. Did you give the character a special meaning when you created it?

• I don’t usually think too much before painting. I try to “copy” the image [of the face in this case] in my brain, best I can! I’m so glad you like it! Thank you!!!!
      🙂

14. Nandini says:

I love the use of colors here, and red is so lovely. Beautiful work, Marina! 🙂

When I just now saw this in my inbox I said, “Ooh! Another character!” 🙂 This one has a face within the face. A whole second portrait really. Very cool!

16. Cat Forsley says:

Beautifulllllllllllllllllllllll Marina – at the bottom
    i see a mermaid swimming
    she is swimming to the left
    with her hair flowing upwards …..
    and she is lifting everything UPWARDS 🙂
    love love love this one 🙂
    xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxox
    Cat

17. Abstracts allow us to see whatever each of us wishes to see.
    Very nice …!!!

• They do, don’t they?! And what’s even stranger is that when I drew those, I had a very very precise image in my mind and abstraction after abstraction… well this! Thank you Isadora.

Five stars on this. Really beautiful expressive work.
    It works on multiple levels it’s a ideogram and a portrait depending on ones perception. And there is also an abstract element of story to this image.
    I love this one. Looks like someone I would like to meet to hear there story. Keep up the inspired and inspiring work. 🙂

19. nonoymanga says:

I’m exhilarate with your new painting!!! Cheers Nonoy Manga

20. Anonymous says:

The red reveals energy emerging from the mysterious black! High impact! Many thanks.

hello Marina,
    we need continuous support by your soothing abstract paintings …
    – because there’s too much reality around us …