character #3

Character #3

Technique: Acrylic on paper

from M.K. solo exhibition in 1999 at Epohes Gallery: “CHARACTERS

SHOP Character #3 ART PRINT HERE

Visit Marina’s Art Shop for more Characters on items.

Comments
51 Responses to “character #3”
  1. JK Bevill - Lost Creek Publishing says:

Reblogged this on lost creek publishing.

2. nonoymanga says:

Very nice it reminds me of an old Japanese art!!! Cheers Nonoy Manga

Completely captured by this painting – a myriad of emotions exudes in “Characters”, you have painted exactly what I have been feeling all day ! Hauntingly beautiful – a catharsis, indeed. Dear Marina, we must try to get your work exhibited in Toronto – you are brilliant, but, you know this ! Hugs my friend.

4. Francina says:

very passionate painting, Marina. Your characters do have a haunting feel to it.
    Ciao, Francina 🙂

I admire your confidence of gestural mark making – here and here and here and it’s done – spontaneous combustion!…

• I couldn’t stop laughing when I read your comment, as it reminded me of that little voice I hear when drawing: “here here and here”, since childhood! [err should I be concerned?! …joking!]
      Thank you so much John, it’s a huge compliment!

My very first impression upon seeing the image: a musician, like a flutist, fiery and passionate about the piece he/she is playing. The warm, joyous feelings of being one with the music permeates the whole body.
    I like the combination of red and black colors together. They are beautiful, bold and powerful.
    Very nice, Marina!

powerful! a man swimming in the ocean, waves fighting vs. him?

Wow! The variety in your characters is amazing! This one is very different, yet unquestionably part of the series. You make so few brushstrokes say so much. 🙂

Le Rouge et Le Noir, avec le bleu. Not so “pretty”, but striking and interesting as always.

10. Gorgeous, Marina! There’s something so musical about this one!

Much fantasy here! Stunning!

12. This has a very Urban feel to it. Almost graffitti in it’s raw look.
    The colors do look a little Japanese but , I think, Urban. It looks
    great on the t – shirts. Very artistic ….!!! I like it.

13. jondunne says:

Reminds me of Francis Bacon but better haha!

Beautiful, Marina! I like the blue. And I feel like she has the high of accomplished energy, as if she has just finished playing a musical piece (I don’t know why I think that – maybe from my piano playing days). ~Patricia

15. Cat Forsley says:

Marina 🙂 this one is sooooooo different ——-
    to me there is a Japanese feel to this one 🙂
    i don’t know why ? 🙂
    maybe it’s the colours and the movement ?
    i really like it 🙂 xx
    Cat

For some reason I find this disturbing Marina! Beautiful and striking, but not as serene as your earlier ones.

I’m really liking this character. I like the introduction of the blue. And the image takes me on an emotional journey from dismay to empathy.

18. fgassette says:

Beautiful. Red and black were my school colors.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

I’ve always loved red and black together, and you have combined them into an interesting abstract. 🙂 xo

An interesting clash of colors in which the red dominates while the blue n black assert!

21. Nandini says:

Red is intense. Nice work, 🙂

Beautiful colour composition! ♡Love the powerful red♡