as above so below #10

Technique: watercolour

Original Size: 13x13cm

detail 1

detail 2

from Marina Kanavaki series “As Above So Below” © 2012

SHOP As Above So Below #10 ART PRINT HERE

Visit Marina’s Art Shop for more Trees & Forests on items.

Comments
54 Responses to “as above so below #10”
  1. nonoymanga says:

Calm and peaceful it brings me back to nature!!! Cheers Nonoy Manga

2. Subhan Zein says:

What a cute mug, you’ve got up there. Great watercolors! 🙂

Subhan Zein

3. rumpydog says:

Whoa! Love the art shop! It’s been way too long since I was last by to visit!

ahhhh…beautiful, Marina! I could sit under that lovely tree and relax…and meditate.
    Happy September!

Your art shop is really impressive!:))))

6. Nandini says:

You definitely know the colors! 🙂

Beautiful!

Only Marina can do justice with water-colours! Uplifting and sublime composition, brava !

8. ohcgd says:

wonderful, wonderful tree (always more interested in the roots than above)

9. Prayer of the Woods
    I am the heat of your hearth on the cold winter nights, the friendly shade screening you from the summer sun, and my fruits are refreshing draughts quenching your thirst as you journey on.
    I am the beam that holds your house, the board of your table, the bed on which you lie, and the timber that builds your boat.
    I am the handle of your hoe, the door of your homestead, the wood of your cradle, and the shell of your coffin.
    I am the bread of kindness and the flower of beauty. ‘Ye who pass by, listen to my prayer: Harm me not.
    (This prayer has been used in the Portuguese forest preservations for more than 1,000 years.)

Thank you for the connection dearest Marina. You did well
    Always happy to receive vital energy from mother earth!

Wonderful Marina. I love how the roots are a foretelling of what’s to come. Autumn is just around the corner and the greens will be turning a hundred shades of gold, red, yellow and brown.

11. Jayanth says:

Awesome!! reminds me of Yggdrasil !!

12. Francina says:

beautiful , Marina, gorgeous and inspiring painting of the tree.
    I also find the teapot simply beautiful. Happy September to you as well!
    Ciao Bella.

13. Bongo says:

I like the close up of the tree. My person says trees are one of her biggest challenges to paint.

What a happy, contented tree. 🙂 Beautiful greens especially underground with this one! It’s a very peaceful, calming image!

dear Marina,
    the second painting #10det1 is wonderful – would even large sized be a treasure to look continuously at – helping to get lost in meditation!

Marina this so beautiful. Thank you.

Marina, this is so beautiful and very peaceful, as always. I love the pale aqua sky. ~Patricia

Green soon to be gold – farewell lovely summer and welcome multicolored, crisp and mellow autumn – happy September to you Marina…

19. Claudio's says:

The tree is my favourite imagine…and this is wonderfull!!!! 🙂
    MY dear and sweet Marina !
    Claude

A beautiful tree, Marina! 🙂

21. Meanderer says:

An array of beautiful shades of green! Happy 1st of September to you too!

22. The perfect tree anticipating fall.
    Happy September ….!!!!

23. Thank you, Violet! All the best to you too!
    (-v-) [don’t ask what that creature is …it’s happy!]