character no4 revisited

Wishing everyone a beautiful new week!

[enjoyed last Saturday’s Supermoon?]

This is a painting from my first solo exhibition
back in 1999 at Epoches Gallery, in Athens.

Character No4
character#4©marina kanavaki r l

Character No4 © marina kanavaki

Technique: Gouache & Ink on paper

from M.K. solo exhibition in 1999 at Epoches Gallery: “CHARACTERS

SHOP Character No4 ART PRINT HERE

Comments
40 Responses to “character no4 revisited”
  1. Wow!! This reminds me of a Dracula movie I saw once. Drac stopped into this soda shop and ordered something called a Blood Frappé. And he slurped it thru a bright red straw just like that– which was strange because the film was in black-and-white… : )

OK, I made some of that up. OK, the whole thing… : )

It’s a stunner, my dear Marina!! Kind of a surrealistic character study with psychological overtones about the desperate human striving for meaning (color) in a drab uncaring world. Well, either that or one of the gods left his Cranberry Nectar Soda lying around, and a very reckless mortal grabbed it and is finishing it off.

Well, that’s enough analysis for today. I really must go lie down… : )

• “Red straw”!!!!!! How could I have missed that?! This causes for a change of name! I ought to rename it to “Character 14 and red straw” or “The red straw of Character 14” or “Character 14 sipping blood thru a straw” or “The red straw Character 14” or “The last straw of Character 14” [!] …. could go on and on!
      FYI, if I recall, it was the latter: Zeus left his cranberry soda lying around and the rest -as they say- is history! 😉
      A very belated thank you, my friend. 🙂

2. A painting with plenty of emotions!!!

3. debiriley says:

love the drama, impact, the Boldness! there is beautiful movement within the image 🙂

4. Jamie Dedes says:

Wonderful images and your imagination! Wow! Hope your week is going well too.

5. Always inspiring what comes alive in your artwork. Always a blessing to embrace! Hugs Marina!

6. dilip says:

The bold red stands out making a stunning impact Thanks you dear Marina for another beautiful masterpiece. Cheers and regards. 🙂

Beautiful piece Marina! Did you set out to convey contrasting emotions in the treatment of the eyes or is it just my perception?

• I did have a face with contrasting emotions in mind when doing it, so I’m glad you traced it! Thank you, my dear Madhu!
      ps I hope one day you will also enjoy a nice conversation with a four-legged friend lying down on the grass! 😉

8. donna213 says:

Very unique and full of character. Lovely.

9. Yes, very avante grade and very much a character. I like the striking color red popping from the rest of the image. There’s a great deal of drama that exudes while viewing. Always keeping the viewer questioning what is going on. Well done … !!!! 😎

10. So sorry I haven’t being on WordPress for a while – my workload has been on over drive – but this really caught me eye – `Gorgeous Work again – great texture!!!

11. Very Avant-garde and such remarkable and beautiful paintings. 🙂

Two-Thumbs up!!! Marina. 🙂

12. Mary says:

Awesome piece Marina – brilliantly executed in concept. You created such drama with those fluid lines and white background as contrast. Just love it ~ great Monday to you!

13. Rajagopal says:

Just a few lines, creating visual magic…

14. Resa says:

This is amazing! Your talent is very evident here! It makes me think a bit about certain style from the 1950’s

15. Wonderful! Have a great week, Marina!

16. Lucid Gypsy says:

Happy Monday Marina, it’s a bank holiday here so no work today!

Ah ha … from the pre-swoosh era. 😉 But I can see swoosh elements!