3rd month of the year [already] day 3 – 03:00 EET
March [from the Latin: Martius – named for Mars, the Roman god of war] marks the beginning of Spring [meteorologically on the first day, astronomically on the 21st – 23rd, also known as Spring Equinox [for the Northern Hemisphere].
Speaking of Spring, it seems it was in a hurry this year! Everything is starting to bloom after a rather warm February. There is a saying that when March comes in like a lion it goes out like a lamb. It went the other way round, so I hope it won’t leave with a roar!
Back to March though.
• This month’s colors*: Light blue and Yellow
*[although I wonder why red isn’t one!]
• March Birthstones: Aquamarine*, Bloodstone, Jade & Rock Crystal
* hence the title – and no, the spelling in the title IS correct. I took the liberty of altering it as it is my birth month 😉
• Flowers associated with March: Jonquil* & Violet
*also known as Daffodil.
• Word* of the month: Courage [sigh!]
*also: Affection, Cheerfulness, Desire, Grants Wishes, New Beginnings, Respect, and Sympathy.
• Astrological signs: Pisces and Aries
On number three:
• According to Pythagoras and the Pythagorean school, the number 3, which they called triad, is the noblest of all digits, as it is the only number to equal the sum of all the terms below it, and the only number whose sum with those below equals the product of them and itself.
• Threes, triplets and triads are very significant in esoterism and many religions.
• It is the atomic number of lithium
Also visit Frank‘s Salutes To Numbers
There is a downside to March… on the 27th, we [in this part of the planet] switch to DST [Daylight Saving Time]. We lose one hour on that Sunday and for the following 7 months!
With the above in mind and trying hard not to succumb to reds [!]
Aquamarina Three © Marina Kanavaki
Technique: mixed media [Indian ink and oil on colored tissue paper, digitally edited]
from the series “journey of numbers” © 2016
[museum quality printing and framing]
Free Shipping is on @ my art shop thru March 6 + 15% Off NEW Carry-All Pouches! Also, today only: 20% off throw blankets! Check it out! 🙂
And for the musical March:
David Bowie: Life on Mars [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v–IqqusnNQ]
Gustav Holst‘s, ‘The Planets‘:
Mars,’The Bringer of War’
My best wishes to everyone and:
That come before the swallow dares, and take
The winds of March with beauty.”
– William Shakespeare
About months & numbers: Back in September 2015, inspired by Bumba’s “The Numbers Game Is Here: Mathematics for Dummies” The Whole Nine Yards, I started working on images for each month. First month was September, so this series will be completed in August 2016!