Moon: 93,4% • Waxing Gibbous • 12,3 days
Begins on a Saturday
…well, if it weren’t for covid!
• This month’s colors: Orange, Red & Light Green
• August Birthstones: Peridot & Sardonyx
Also Diamond, Jade & Sapphire
• Flowers associated with August: Gladiolus & Poppy
• Word of the month: integrity, friendship, love, marriage, remembrance
• Astrological signs: Leo & Virgo
and our celestial events…
• August 3: Full Moon [Sturgeon Moon, Green Corn Moon or the Grain Moon]
•August 11, 12: Perseids Meteor Shower. 60 meteors per hour at its peak! produced by comet Swift-Tuttle, the Perseids are famous for producing a large number of bright meteors. The shower runs annually from July 17 to August 24. It peaks this year on the night of the 11th and morning of the 12th. The second quarter moon will block out some of the fainter meteors this year, but the Perseids are so bright and numerous that it should still be a good show. Best viewing will be from a dark location after midnight. Meteors will radiate from the constellation Perseus, but can appear anywhere in the sky.
• August 13: Venus at Greatest Western Elongation. Venus reaches greatest western elongation of 45.8 degrees from the Sun. This is the best time to view Venus since it will be at its highest point above the horizon in the morning sky. Look for the bright planet in the eastern sky before sunrise.
• August 19: New Moon. The Moon will located on the same side of the Earth as the Sun and will not be visible in the night sky. This phase occurs at 02:42 UTC. This is the best time of the month to observe faint objects such as galaxies and star clusters because there is no moonlight to interfere.
8th month of my calendar features:
As Above So Below No19 © Marina Kanavaki
Technique: watercolour • Dimensions: 24x34cm [unframed]