character #20

Character #20” – 1999 © marina kanavaki

Technique: Acrylic & Ink on paper

from M.K. solo exhibition in 1999 at Epohes Gallery: “CHARACTERS”

SHOP Character #20 ART PRINT HERE

Visit Marina’s Art Shop for more Characters on items.

Comments
47 Responses to “character #20”
  1. Adam Hughes says:

Reblogged this on Tao moments and commented:
    Another delightful Collections of works by Marina Kanavaki 🙂

2. jfossbakk says:

To me those eyes are accusing those who won´t let the mouth speak! Disturbing and ambiguous in one way, confident and grounded in another! Strong work!!

There aren’t many blogs where you can just visit and roam around. Always I find new paintings and forms. Often I return to old familiar ones. Always a pleasure

4. Francina says:

powerful, sad and haunting at the same time, Marina. One with a huge impact.
    Ciao, Bella!

Lovely! Great portrayal of the stifled voice. But the eyes don’t seem sad though, just defiant! It must amuse you no end to read all these interpretations 😀

6. nonoymanga says:

Madame Marina a very stylish minimalist art!!! Cheers Nonoy Manga

I have seen nail biting draw blood before. Could be much turmoil going on inside.
    It’s interesting how things we have seen in the past influence our interpretation.
    Well done, Marina…very powerful!

Like your talent and your support!:))))) Ann

biting nails – filled with doubts?
    P.S.:
    I hope the bush fire comes not near to you!

I like this guy! :)))))

Saw this just after posting about my wild strawberry stained lips – sad to hear that it’s blood instead – powerful expression carried by intuitive line…

Where did the cherry pie go? 🙂 That’s quite a character!

13. Jennifer Triplett says:

Is this what happens when you can you are not aloud to speak or have freedoms to talk about your views? That is what I see. Very striking.

14. Thomas Ross says:

A very powerful image. Clearly it evokes different responses from different observers. But one thing we each share- we can’t take our eyes away from this haunting image.

Tom

15. The character sais: I did it! I ate the artist…. OUPS 🙂 sorry!
    -20 is a lucky number..
    Congratulations Marina

A different one for you, I see it as something said or almost said that she regrets/rues.

17. many feelings! passion, surprise, maybe the character is intrigued? I love the eyes! so deep and full of emotions, they are more attractive than the red.
    xoxo

18. OOppss … I believe I’m seeing something different than the others.
    It looks like a man who was a litle too frorward with someone he just
    met. She did not like it. hahaha – perhaps not. ~~~ : – )
    It does look terrific on the t – shirts. i love the one with long sleeves
    because there is a partial image creatin dialog.
    Very nice again, Marina.

To me, her beautiful lipstick has smeared from a delicious kiss with her lover – a stolen moment in a hectic day. It’s fascinating how we all see different stories, isn’t it?!

• Oh, yes it is! One reason why I don’t name my paintings is that I I don’t like to guide the viewer and I love to hear the different stories! My hint is: speechless! Thank you, Patricia and I love your interpretation!

Another cool character. My first impression was “I’m sorry about the bloody nose” My second impression was having a handful of strawberries smashed into my mouth faster than I could eat them and seeing them ooze through the fingers. Now that sounds good. 😉 Have a great day my friend.

21. Russ L says:

Hi Marina,

Picasso-esque! I think the red (makeup?) smear introduces a whole new emotional dimension, and I always admire your simplicity of line.

Well this face is interesting with it’s bloody hand over it’s shocked, or ut-oh face. I also think it will be a big seller in your store. 🙂

Trackbacks
Check out what others are saying...